Followers

Sunday 6 November 2011

LOOKING FORWARD.

THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON...

2012 is the Chinese year of the dragon - happens to be my year too! Hopefully it means that, for me at least, we will see more positive energy in our lives

"The Dragon is magnificent. He is flamboyant, attractive and full of vitality and strength. In China the Dragon is the imperial symbol, the sign of the emperor, or the male element Yang. The Dragon is the symbol of power and wealth."
Go me!
As it relates to fashion - Ralph Lauren in AW2011 went all out to woo the Chinese market by using obvious chinese symbolism in his collections and ad campaigns. Lots of red, red lacquer, beautiful jade and ruby earrings, and plenty of embroidered and brocade dragons. Scroll down on his page to see some of the details.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11272811



TALL TALES....

I am 5'8", so I can't relate to the need to walk in 6" heels. I do love my heels though, and will always look forward to any occassion I can wear them, (and a tall enough date!) AW 2011 saw a lot of desingers featuring a pointy toe, 80's style pump with a modest heel. Givenchy, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Dolce and Gabanna, Salvatore Ferragamo and Charles David, to name a few, all had ad campaigns with this style featured. Not seeing much of it featured for SS 2012, but keeping my eyes open for the trend going forward.
Alicia Keys arrived at a charity event in a pair of stunning Louboutins with a very pointed toe and and a very high heel, so I am gueesing it's a trend we are going to see more of. Btw, I notice that a lot of the shoe designs we see nowadays are very much based on shoes that were found only in the fetish and bondage communities. Hmmmm...

On the other hand there is this...

“Manolo Blahnik and the Tale of the Elves and the Shoemaker is truly a jewel for anyone with even a fleeting interest in the fashion business—or for those who still believe in the plausibility of fairy tales.”

http://nyjb.door3.com/review/manolo-blahnik-and-tale-elves-and-shoemaker-fashion-fairy-tale-memoir

MY "BLING"...

Cute jewellery was never my thing. I love a big bold look, Bulgari being my favourite. However - when you REALLY want bling in all it's outrageous glory - look to Dior. Unashamedly baroque in design and flourishes, the ring in this snippet is a fine example!

http://youtu.be/HmpX9N5-j14

No comments:

Post a Comment